View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: I finally got my 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary 70 Jimmy View Post
If you only need the frame you got your money out of it. I need the stainless steel hold downs for the single wall top if you want to sell them.
I think I'll need them later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDubBlazer View Post
Looks like you have most of the parts. What are you going to do for a drive train. Now you just need the time.
Drive train, absolutely no idea. I might go with a new style, like the 6.0 that's in the wifes denali with the new 6 speed auto. I may not get to this project for another year or two, by then that drive train will be available used. My priority now is the C-10 that is all tore apart in my driveway and garage.

I just got this off the trailer and I can already see the frame has some corrosion issues on mounting pads, some bent frame ends from moving it around. I'm hoping it will be useable at this point. The main rails look solid, the main crossmembers look ok. I was kind of surprised that the doors were in better shape than I thought. The passenger side has rust along the bottom edge, but very repairable. Hood is junk though, I might cut out some good sheetmetal from it though.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote