Thread: 47-55.1 HELP - bent window frame
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #2
joedoh

Re: HELP - bent window frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8man View Post
I got the driver's door welded up, all the new parts fit into it, ONLY to find the frame is bent. If you follow the straight edge up you will see the two parting ways.

You can barely see the ripples where it is bent in. I have it on the cab, and it is hitting the cab before it closes all the way. If I push the door in about an inch to where it would latch, it looks like it will adjust out nicely if it weren't hitting the cab because of this bend!

HOW dd I fix this?

I thought about using a cut off wheel, cutting into the frame, bending it out until it matches the other door as best as I an and then welding it all back up, BUT I just don't know.

Thanks.

if the bottom side from the window frame down is fitting nicely, someone probably bent the door with it off the truck, its pretty common, mine had this problem too on the side I replaced the door. what I did, and my admittedly limited advice would be, was just get a block of wood, put it at the top of the door jamb, and shut the door gently, pushing in on the bottom side of the door to move the upper part out. it took a few minutes, no ill effects.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote