View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #285
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
What’s your plan for master cylinder? I’ve been contemplating this exact setup, curious to see how it works out for you. The stock rotors are cheap and plentiful and converting to 5x4.75 is almost a wash money-wise, if you’re already buying wheels.
I have a hydroboost setup that I could use, but not sure I want to go through the trouble and if I really need it with these bigger brakes. I have buddies that are using the Wilwood masters with no assist and that would probably be all I need. Or I could run a normal vacuum booster. Obviously, master cylinder bore size would be determined by whether or not I use a booster, and which type. I guess I need to figure that out soon, huh?

Right now, I have a stock 72 style manual master cylinder for the factory disc/drum setup which would probably work fine if I replace the prop valve with an adjustable valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulisohombre View Post
I don’t think the green would look all that bad. You can two tone some of the other parts of the truck as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
The rest of the truck is staying original paint, so two-toning other parts of it won't work. The green probably wouldn't look horrible, but it would bother me that it's not tied in anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
I’m somewhere between galaxy and speedway. Like a cast iron, but with flake.
My wife is telling me to just go with a gloss black which might not look bad with the textured black that is on the pad abutment brackets already.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build

Last edited by smbrouss70; 02-14-2018 at 03:18 AM.
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote