View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #691
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

The seat project has not progressed as nicely as I would have liked. I reinstalled the foam and put a cover on the back and bolted it back together with the base before installing it in the truck. Now that it is in the truck I find I do not like it. The back is straight up vertical and the seat will not slide back nearly as far as the old one. The end result is I feel like I'm up against the wheel and there is no support for my lumbar.
On the plus side the seat is higher on my back than the old one was by about 2 inches.
I will try to figure out a way to measure and compare the seat bases better. They are quite different so it's not as easy as it would seem to compare them. Apples vs Oranges if you will.
On a different note the rear end has been repaired and reinstalled without problems. There is however a more noticeable clunk when going from forward to reverse than there used to be. It could just be me being paranoid. Lots of changes of late with not many miles driven.
Just a quick tip. When it came time to reinstall the Unbolts on the axle the bolts had taken a set and the ends were too wide to go into the axle mount holes as well as the rest of the brackets and trailing as arms. I had to use a woodworking clamp to squeeze the bolt ends narrower to get them to drop in. I don't have a large enough vice at the house to squeeze them together so I had to make do. The clamp was just able to get the 1/8" or so needed to get them to drop in without damaging the threads.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 08-14-2020 at 09:49 PM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote