View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 03:02 PM   #65
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Few small updates.

I managed to seal up the exhaust with a new header flange gasket. It appears to leak just a bit when dead cold but seals up once things get hot. I'm gonna have to change out these headers at some point anyway. They are way to low to the ground. So Ill change the headers to probably mid lengths, install a new trans cross member and have new exhaust pipes made.

I worked on fitting the trans TPS to the Holley setup with the new throttle bracket. I was struggling heavily with coming up with anything. Finally I flipped the sensor upside down and mounted the linkage towards the inside and everything fit right together. Pretty excited for that.

I found a blower motor to heater box hose from a super nice guy here on the forums. Happy to find a nice one as they don't appear to be sold after the fact.

I had purchased some genuine Hella H4 replacement headlight lenses and a relay kit recently. My existing light harness was in good shape so I just removed the ends, spliced in the relay kit as needed and recovered everything. I then installed the new lamps, ran the harness, mounted the relays near the battery and added power from my junction box. Everything fit and worked well. The new lights fit perfect. They come with a nice boot on the box to seal out moisture and dirt. Ill probably swap out the stock H4 bulbs to something nicer as some point but I just used what was included for now.

Everything worked first shot! I do need to replace the turn and park bulbs but they seem to be functional. Id like to do LED's but am worried that even with a LED flasher I might have issues. Ill search around some more.

Still messing with the Holley. It long cranks for cold and hot starts. I bumped the fuel prime and the cranking enrichment and things are better. I may jack up the rear end so I can run it through the gears so I can get the truck to learn more maps. I wish I could drive it but that's obviously gonna have to wait.

More to come soon.