View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #24
crispo-71

Re: how about some pics of inline 6 engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
Whaddya know? I found the receipt.

I told these guys to do it right, but not spend money on anything stupid. The total, including all the cylinder head work was $1600.00. Keep in mind that I live on the gold coast of CT too.

Here's what the short block got: Clean, pressure test block, plug, cam bearings, bore .040, deck block, grind crank, align hone mains, hone rods & install new bolts, disassemble & assemble long block, hang pistons, clean all parts, resurface flywheel, balance rotating assembly (including flywheel & clutch), re-stud manifolds, remove flapper in exhaust manifold and plug, drill & tap crank for balancer bolt (1967 didn't have this).

Here's what the head got: clean, pressure test, valve job (including hardened valve seats, R&R rocker studs & pin, set-up spring & stem heights, update for positive seals.

You can get away without some of this (like balancing), and save money by doing some stuff yourself (teardown/buildup).
a little pricey but man that thing looks good.. thanks alot now i got an idea of what im going to do...
crispo-71 is offline   Reply With Quote