View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:24 AM   #9
joedoh

Re: 50 s10 swap lean

look up "S10 lean" on google, pretty standard, especially if using drop springs. some people attribute it to the larger amount of "stuff" on the drivers side, gas tank, driver controls, steering, etc. I dunno, I did some measuring on the chassis once and found that the control arms were at the same angles looking from the front, so that meant it was spring or even balljoint angle differences. it gets worse with lowering springs installed because usually the spring rate is lower.

what you can do is buy a 1" spacer that is the donut type (dont use the little in-spring rubbers) and put it on the top of the drivers spring. some guys, myself included, like to cut off a little of the passenger coil and reinstall. how much? one truck I cut half a coil the other truck took almost a full coil. the one I am working on now has no lean at all and is a 1990 frame so methinks maybe something in the frame production changed, at some point they added boxing.

TL;DR its common. get a spacer for the drivers side or cut the passenger coil slightly.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote