View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:00 AM   #16
Coupeguy2001

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Friday I took the fenders back off and removed the engine and trans.
Today Installed the flywheel, pilot bearing and clutch and bellhousing on the new engine.
Turns out that the original 57 throw out fork installs perfectly on the 89 corvette bellhousing pivot ball. Too bad the spring broke trying to install it. Now I have to find one of those.
still cleaning the firewall today in prep to sand it and repaint.

About 30 years ago, I sprayed some rubberized coating on the firewall, and it didn't really stick. All it did was to preserve the paint underneath. Too bad the firewall was scratched up. i bet I coulda polished out the firewall and had it in original paint.

It looks like right next to where the voltage regulator was originally installed, there is a cursive capitol letter G in the original black paint. I wonder if the guy who painted the cab put his initial in the fresh paint?

Also, on the firewall right above the seam line right in front of the driver, the original color of the truck is marked in raised hand written letters under the paint. Anybody else have their color marked on the original primer prior to painting?

New tires arrived today, now I have to figure out a way to get the tires and wheels to the tire shop. my other car is very small......But it has a 383 TPI...........I can put a tire in the front seat if I remove the seat bottom. But do I want to put a tire with a wheel there? Probably not. I might have to drive it with the hatch open. Gotta be careful, I just replaced the cargo area carpet in light gray and installed new speaker grilles.

Last edited by Coupeguy2001; 09-27-2011 at 02:15 AM.