View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #12
Andler2008

Re: 1984 C30 CC/LB "Daily Dually"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDooley77 View Post
Are you going to use a Pollak fuel selector and run 2 separate fuel pumps? or 1 saddle tank? or go suburban rear tank?
lol I literally just ordered a 31 gallon fuel tank and fuel pickup from a 1988 R20 Suburban on rockauto.com. Total cost was just south of $200. I don't like the saddle tanks and switch. Between the location outside of the frame rails and the additional wiring and plumbing for the switch, I'd rather just use 1 tank in the rear between the rails.

I already have the 400lph fuel pump and the proper in tank fuel hose. Now that I've got that ordered, I may put the body work on hold until I can fab up some mounts for the new tank and get it plumbed and installed.

I have 20' of -8AN braided fuel hose, a whole bunch of hose ends, the adapters for the OEM LS truck rails, 10 micron fuel filter, etc. I made sure that the sending unit I got had the threaded o-ring ends that way I can just adapt some AN hose end fittings to it for ease of installation. Hopefully