View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

I finally decided to log my journey with my old truck that led me to this forum and the addiction to it. Having always had an affinity for the 67-72 body style, I hoped to one day have a nice one, but as you all know, they're tough to find in decent shape for a decent price.

I had always been a sports car guy, dealing mostly with Trans-Ams, Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs and the like. It was this hobby that led me to my first 67-72 truck. I was surfing a local racing car club's forums one day when I saw a post about a guy wanting to sell or trade his '70 C10. Intrigued, I contacted him about the truck. He wanted cash or a trade for a street bike. Just so happened, I had a 1000cc Honda sitting in my garage taking up space, since I had recently given up riding having just had my first child, a daughter. Seeing your baby girl looking up at you, relying on you for absolutely everything, has a way of putting things in perspective...

It seemed to be a fairly solid truck, having been fairly recently 'restored' with a '90s step side bed, good paint, and updated suspension. After some bartering, we struck a deal for a straight-up trade- bike for truck. Sweet!

Attached are the pics he posted on the car club forum...
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote