View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

I stumbled across 67-72chevytrucks.com's forums in my search for more information on these trucks. What I found was a wealth of information, way more than I ever expected, and some truly knowledgeable (maybe a little obsessed) and friendly people. So, even before I took receipt of the truck, I already had in mind some things I wanted to do to it to make it 'better'.

First thing to go were the plastic AutoZone mirrors. I don't think they lasted five minutes The truck was also riddled with many other 'custom' touches as you can see in the preceding pics, many of which have made their way to the trash can, or to other people's projects.

One of these was the fuel tank, which had happily been removed from the cab; unfortunately, it was relocated to a tool box in the bed, using a marine fuel cell. Not the worst I've seen, but not the kind of thing I usually like. It was fun, however, watching the look on people's faces as I filled up my tool box... The obvious solution to me, after looking around the forums, was a Blazer tank, which I found on eBay for cheap (apparently no one was watching it but me)

And so began the process of 'ruining' a perfectly good truck, a little bit at a time...
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote