View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #6
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Next on the list was to do away with one of the other 'custom' touches, which was an aftermarket set of AutoZone gauges and a column mounted SunPro tach. They were perfectly functional, but didn't look very good, in my opinion, so I changed them out for another mod I had seen around the forums.

I decided to build a new gauge cluster with a Camaro tach, and a voltmeter in place of the stock ammeter, all while keeping it looking stock. Basically went from what you see in the first pic, to what you see in the second and third. I also felt compelled to give something back to the board that had given me so many great ideas, so I created my first FAQ.

There were bits and pieces of info on the Camaro tach conversion on the board, but no concise instructions, so I carefully documented the process as I installed mine. The FAQ can be found here:

Gringoloco's Camaro tach install
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote