View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #14
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

When it came time to bolt the bed back on, it was time for yet another change. This is where the outsiders start thinking I'm crazy

Instead of reinstalling the 90s stepper, I decided an era-correct fleetside would look MUCH better Again, I looked to a board member, and picked up parts to assemble a decent condition bed from HuggerCST. It needed a little patch repair for the stock auxiliary tanks and those useless stake pockets

Instead of just bolting it in place (that would be too easy), I set to work making a few subtle modifications to the bed to make it work better for what I needed. First thing was to find a way to add fuel to my rear-mounted tank. I went back-and-forth and even tried a few different combinations before ultimately deciding to graft in a round fuel door. There are still drawbacks and concessions to doing it this way, but I won't have to worry about the problems that the taillight and marker light guys do, like the fuel pump handle at the filling station possibly not fitting, or slow filling, etc.

The other was to raise the bed floor 3". I did this to gain a little room under the bed for the rear axle, which would contact the floor, room for the blazer tank, exhaust, and possibly a sway bar. This would also leave room if I ever wanted to go lower
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote