View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 10:25 PM   #447
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I was able to get the kickdown cable and return springs installed today. I had to make a small bracket. I took the truck out and ran it through the "track" again. it ran well enough that I took it out on the road. I put about 7 miles on it. a couple of things that need attention. I discovered that i hadn't put the retaining screw in the gas pedal and at one point it fell off under my foot. that was neat. it was while i was putting it back on that i remembered i didn't put the screw in yet because i hadn't finalized the position of the pedal on the splines. that will need to be done. the return spring bracket worked but I'm going to move it to tighten the springs up a tad. I'm also not positive on how tight the trans cable should be. driving regularly the trans shifted as expected but under hard throttle it really didn't shift when it should have. i will research that. the last thing is the throttle is almost on/off. it is very unhappy at tip in but if you tap it and take off just a tad faster than normal it works fine. so i need to find out what that adjustment is. over all the truck went down the road happily though and i was very happy to be driving it.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote