View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #266
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

We made it there and back without any trouble!!, the engine didn't miss a beat, tranny didn't fail, and despite some moderate climbing (from below sea level in Holland to 2000 Feet at our destination) the brakes were as hard an reliable as always. Leaving we had decent weather, but once we started to clime..it turned ugly! Poring rain, thunder and lightning and guess what? no water in the cab!
there we're of course some things; the truck would shudder around 45MPH, so I drove 55 continually but then I was worried because it was revving a bit high. there was the odd rattle/squeek/bang But the engine temp stayed at a constant 176F, oil pressure never dropped..happy camper!

here is a map of our route and the trip is 611KM, or 380Mi. We burned 115L or 30Gallons of propane, which makes a milage of: 12Mi/Gal..not bad, not bad at all! Seeing propane costs 50 eurocents/ liter, the trip cost me 80Euro's or $96,-

So on the Friday we expected a quiet evening because the birthday party was to be on Saturday with more friends from Holland arriving. guess our surprise when we pulled up at 12:30 in the evening with a full blow party..so I only saw the inside of my eyes when the sun was rising .

With a pounding head in the morning we rumbled through sleepy German towns looking for a supermarket to fetch breakfast (on the BBQ ofcourse)
we found one and some nice back roads

on Saterday the party continued with fresh people rolling in and unfortunately taking pictures while intoxicated isn't one of my skills.
so you'll have to settle for a bonfire picture

Then Sunday came, with a double hangover, but I was able to shake off the cobwebs and take some pictures

(thats not me btw)

The drive back went as easy as coming, but some how my friend and I were a lot quieter during the trip

while I'm writing this, the rain is coming down in buckets with my truck sitting outside.
Tomorrow I'll be going on a 100Mi trip to a BBQ, so I'll be loading up my UDS again.. hopefully It'll dry up a bit.
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod

Last edited by Steve-W; 09-07-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote