View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #146
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

thanks doug!

finished up the floor panels today, patched the holes and gave a coat of undercoat. I want these to be removable because its a standard trans and if it ever needs a clutch it can be done from the top.

IMG_8411 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8414 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

while I was in there I took care of something else that was bugging me, I had measured from the front cab mounts to the frame and it was a perfect 4", but the drivers side looked a bit low when standing in front. I had already taken care of the s10 lean, so with the floor out and able to measure to the floor from the front window corners, I instead found the drivers side was indeed low 1/4". since the "hay was in the barn", the mounts burned in and done, I made a simple spacer of two pieces of 18th using my circle guides, and it was done. installed it and measured again, but the measurement wasnt as satisfying as standing in front and seeing the cab level finally. these things were hand built after all, some variation to be expected.

IMG_8416 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8417 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

painted the air cleaner

IMG_8421 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

finished welding everything I could reach on the bed and flipped it over.

IMG_8423 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8420 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

those little clamps from cardboard freight worked perfectly.

I did more, but of little consequence, moving battery cables and painting the bare steel parts under the hood, finished the rad mount. I will show more tomorrow.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote