View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #2544
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Used CRLS to haul Dad's old recliner to the Salvation Army this morning. Up to its old tricks... popping and banging, not wanting to start on the first try, etc. Seems like there may be a problem with the O2 sensor heaters. Once the engine warms up fully, it settles down and runs a little better, although it still surges at part throttle a little as well as an outright misfire now and then. After it warms up, if you give it full throttle, it cleans out and pulls hard. But then at city speeds it starts to act up again.

I put the new scan tool in Live Data mode and the only numbers that looked really odd were the O2 sensor voltages. Kept banging back and forth between .05V and .9V. The graph looked like a series of spikes. But then again, I don't really know what to look for either.

It now has the original two permanent DTC's (P0131 & P0151) and has added two more of the same as well as two more in pending codes for a total of six codes. (The same two codes repeated three times.) I'm going to put it in "record" mode tomorrow and put a few highway miles on the truck if it will cooperate to get a more complete data dump.

I have an appointment at LSXkilr on the 25th to see if they can isolate the problem(s) and get it running right. I'm at the end of my rope. I removed the pushbutton start completely and reinstalled the ignition switch in the dash for now. If I ever get this sorted, I'll reinstall it. There's a show in Bonner Springs on the 28th we go to every year. Be nice if CRLS was able to make the trip without puking.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote