View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 11:29 PM   #2548
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_GMC View Post
Hello Vic,

Here is a link to a solution to the same symptoms that you are having: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...0151-only.html
Wow, that really sounds like what I'm seeing. I also ran across a post stating AC Delco made "weak" and "strong" MAF's, so I pulled mine and it's the "strong" one. So if the MAF is the culprit, it's not because it's the less desirable version. Would just flat out have to be defective... which is certainly possible. All the local auto parts have aftermarket MAF's in stock but not the GM / AC Delco. I've got a couple of weeks, so I can order one thru my local parts house. Meanwhile, I'll swap the O2 sensors and record some live data to see if anything else pops out at me. Thanks for the tip!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
I think you should take it back to the guy who tuned it and tell him you want him to reset it back to stock configuration and see how it runs at that point, without a baseline it makes it tough to diagnose potential problems.
That could be true, Brian. Only problem is... the guy who did the original tune is a Grade A jerk. I'm not going to waste any more time or money on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
If it has a mass air flow sensor make sure arrow on sensor points toward the throttle body I have seen this on backwards several times.
Thanks, Jason. Checked it when I pulled the MAF and it seems to be mounted the right way.

Will run some more diagnostics tomorrow and report back in.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote