View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #33
hotsam

Re: Just A few plans for my 72' swb 4x4

When I sat the engine in and layed the level on the carb I was a little low on the passenger side and the exhaust manifold was close to the frame on pass side.. I'm not really sure what caused this as I didn't take anything off of the passenger side mount except the rear lower bolt hole so it slid in the frame nice and tight. I didn't take anything from the front of passenger mount.... Only the driver side to clear the crossmember thickness.... Anyway ?? I quickly solved it by moving the rubber mount that bolts to the passenger side frame perch up 1/2" and toward engine 1/2". Re-installed engine, placed level and was dead on, and manifold clearance is great. I'm going to mill a plate to place between frame perch and bolt on rubber mount so no matter what engine swaps happen in the future it will bolt right in with no issues or shimming but the spacer I made will do for now.
So that's how my install went and I am happy with it. I will try to post some pics of clearances from underneath when I get it back on the lift. Oh, also I'm running factory big block mounts on engine..
Attached Images

hotsam is offline   Reply With Quote