View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #88
FAKKY

Re: 57 Panel "FAKMLC" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
looking really nice! you do plan to put the axle on top of the springs, right? I ask because it looks like your axle is upside down in the pictures, the brakes wont bleed that way and the oil in the rear might not lubricate the pinion correctly and the vent will be a drain.
Hey Joe.
Initially I want to get the truck up and running so I was planning to use the same 2" OEM leaf springs and run the axle underneath so I don't need to
C-Notch the frame. Yes I think looking at that picture it needs to be flipped - will be done when I get the brackets and align everything up - good eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
if you buy a universal pedal like in your ebay link, remember that it wont come with any provision for a brake switch. you will also need to reinforce it with brackets to the dash, the sheet firewall will flex a lot without the tie in to the dash and dash brace. the 82-93 s10 pedal assembly is a great choice, has provisions for a brake switch already and has the correct pin to catch the yoke on a hydroboost (but you may still need to shorten the hydroboost shaft) and is easy to tie to the dash and dash brace.

keep it up!
That's an awesome tip !! Thanks Sir. I had planned to use a hydraulic brake switch like Yoss did ...... but if I can find a better fitting bracket with it built in - have at it - appreciate it. Mostly concerned with fitment and keep custom fabrication to a minimum - but am learning you have to get used to that idea on these builds
FAKKY is offline   Reply With Quote