View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #100
PaPaStewySnipes

Re: Starting the overall replacement of front suspension today :-) drop time.

Well I am finished with the rear and front drop, my 2 year old son decided to reset my phone so I lost a lot of pictures and had to wait to restore my phone. Here is a few. I installed 4" drop leaf from ECE. Had to remove the tool box assembly to get to one eye bolt on passengers side. One recommendation for anyone doing the same leaf drop is to replace your u bolts, I ordered mine in advanced because I felt the old ones would be too rusted to use and I was correct. One u bolt had about half of the material eaten away over the years, a real safety issue. Front 4" drop with a 4" rear drop looks good. I will be lowering thr rear 1.5" more when I get a new bumper. I have a factory step and it will be too close to the ground for my taste if I go lower at the moment. Now I am on to replacing rear brake lines and removing the drums for a wilwood disk setup. Some pictures below. I ran a steel fuel line up to the water pump and then ss flex with a Russel log setup for dual fuel feed with a Russel liquid filled gauge cost me about $65, no leaks after starting the truck last night so I am happy,
Attached Images

PaPaStewySnipes is offline   Reply With Quote