View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #17
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

Re: Fuel efficiency...what MPG do you get?

After seeing and reading what I see here I guess I'm pretty lucky. I can understand Bob (Rusty) only getting 5 to 7 MPG in NYC on account it takes 3 days to cover that much ground, but the rest of you guys at 10 to 12?? Mine is an 84 K20 all stock. The engine has 465,000 miles on it and all I have ever done to it is rebuild the Q jet 4 times and do a valve job at 250,000. I did swap out the oil pan for a 5 qt and use the tall GM oil filters and really good oil (Mobile 1) Truck does ALL highway miles. Specs are 350 cid "M" eng 285 HP, Q jet carb, HD4 speed manual, 3:73 gears and tires are 235-85-R16 and a real light right foot. 15 to 17 MPG loaded or empty. jim 33 year GM mechanic
1984 K20 350M engine with 465,000 miles. Well, it's finally done!! Almost 2 years of work, but it was really worth the effort. Little stuff left to do is mount winch, wet sand & buff out and build belly pan\running boards. Body work takes lots and LOTS of beer!!!! God, Guts and Guns made America and God, Guts and Guns will preserve it! The worst thing you could do is get into my sights, but that don't matter, you'll never know it, cause you'll never hear the shotJim or Paladin whichever you choose.
James McClure is offline   Reply With Quote