View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 06:05 PM   #20
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: MSD 6AL-2 PROGRAMMABLE Ignition Control in a Squarebody, say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donw1986 View Post
Just wondering if you know if this will work on an 86 that has factory electronic spark timing, i dont have vacume advance, and if it would still interface with the check engine light since i live in commifornia and must have the check engine light working to pass smog here, i have the msd atomic efi installed and that does comply with calif smog
Hey bud, I hail from Kalifornia as well, aka the land of REGULATIONS, super unfriendly to us car guys. I am surprised you can even get it SMOGed with the Atomic EFI. I'm sorry but I do not know if you can use this in your rig, I would think the unit you have is much more better than this as it costs like three times as much.

Gleaned from the MSD website:

This part is legal for use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or Racing Vehicles.

The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:

1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
Racing Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote