View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 12:39 AM   #22
ahlsy

Re: 1972 K20 Suburban

The really warm weather recently got me worried about the missing fan shroud. I haven't had the burb out much, and passed on driving it a few times in stop and go traffic figuring it would overheat, so it was time to get a fan shroud installed.

I found a good used one locally, sanded it down and repainted it mostly because it had been previously painted and that was flaking off. I went to install it a few days ago, and found the lower rad hose was in the way. It probably would have cleared a 2wd shroud, but no luck with the 4wd shroud.

There were a few threads I found where guys were having a hard time finding a correct lower hose for the 4x4 models. I guess thats the problem the PO had because the hose was not even close to what it should have been.

Pic 1 is the old hose, and pic 2 is the new hose. Got the shroud installed with no issues after that. New hose was an AC Delco hose. Part number 24053L if anybody needs it. Works perfectly in a 4x4 and would probably work fine in a 2wd with a good bit of trimming.

Now to fix the mess the PO made of the tranny cooler lines...
Attached Images

ahlsy is offline   Reply With Quote