Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #540
Clay54

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymangs View Post
I've been asked lots of questions about how I get these S10 swaps done so quickly, and how to do "x" or "y"... I want to start this thread detailing as much as I can on the nuts and bolts of S10 frame swaps, parts lists, pics, and any other frequently asked questions out there. To start this off, there are basically three options I see as easily attainable for an S10 frame swap. Keep the stock 4.3L, go small block, or go LS1. I will start off with small block parts, as these are by far the most popular conversion.

What you'll need:
-47-54 Chevy pickup with bed, fenders, hood, core support
-S10 chassis (117" w.b. long bed short cab) If you can, score the brake pedal, master/booster assembly and power steering box.
-Engine/trans combo of choice

This is enough to start your project, but there is a short laundry list of other parts that will make your swap a LOT easier!
IMPO skymangs (Chris) never had any intent of this thread being considered a"kit". He is sharing his love of what he does with anyone who has access to this forum. This is a thread with info for guys like me to build a truck without buying a mega bucks kit. I like to think of this as making a pan of cornbread. You can use your grandmothers recipe that was handed down generations or you can buy a box of mix at the local grocery store. Following the information provided by either, you get a delicious pan of cornbread that you can be proud of.

My point, if you want to buy a kit, go buy it and build your truck with pride. Just don't confuse this thread in anyway of being a kit. Clay
Clay54 is offline   Reply With Quote