View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #875
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

I thought I had all of the pics from that trip to Washington done already, but I was mistaken. So, time for another upload.

I was on my way to Rainier and spotted something off the side of the road that I wanted to check out on my way back out. I parked and started walking along the railroad tracks on a spur line.

Elk sign...

This is what I spotted. It's about 1/4 mile from the road...

Looking beyond the abandoned cars...

Let's take a closer look...

The privy...

Finest accommodations...

Back on the road, another train thingy...

A general store. A relic from the past. There are still some of these out around the country but not like there were.

This one caught my eye because of the little sign. Post Office.

Further on I'm back in the suburbs or at least the more populated area southeast of Tacoma. I drove past what looked like an open field with some trails. I turned around and did a little off-roading...

The trail lead to a tower but I can't imagine how much fun it would be to drive one of those big trucks back here to build this place or service it. The pics don't really show the ups and downs and how narrow some of those trails were.

That was it for that day. The next day was the inspectors meeting at the air flight museum by Olympia. It's not nearly as impressive as the big one by Seattle but has some nice stuff.

Time for another motor swap. My Jimmy could use this! Or better yet, my 47 Oldsmobile...

I still have another day of pics from this trip to post up but work is calling. I'm on the road all week again.
hgs_notes is online now   Reply With Quote