View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #93
rusty_67

Re: 'Wintergreen' 1969 GMC Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeating1 View Post
If it works with the valve covers swapped, it sure seems like it would be easier to do that, and re-route the breather lines than notch the alternator. Do injected LT1's have a PCV valve in one VC, and an oil fill cap in the other? I am just curious as to what would prevent you from just swapping L to R. Also, any vortec valve cover would bolt on. Surely some other body type has the alternator on the same side as a Vette, huh? And last but not least, how noticeable would a ball peen dent in the valve cover be under the alternator? (that's my inner redneck talking)

Edit:
ahh...I see now--PCV and oil cap in the RT and nothing in the left. A pic is worth a thousand words!
I thought about swapping the valve covers, but it wouldn involve more clearancing inside, which I wanted to avoid.

Managed to find a alternator at picknpull that fit without modificating. Its 105amp so should be enough for what I'm doing. Now that I know it fits, I'll pick up a rebuild kit and give it a coat of paint, it'll be like new.

rusty_67 is offline   Reply With Quote