View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #96
NC_John

Re: 1970 C10 LWB "Blu"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork? View Post
Great thread. Maybe I missed it are there pics of your clutch pedal setup?
I don't know if I ever had anything on the thread about it. Updates to the truck went fast and furious but the build thread got left behind.

I just drilled a hole in the clutch pedal arm (used a 90 degree air drill) and used a clevis, some threaded rod and adapters to attach to the wilwood master. The most difficult part was mounting the clutch master to the firewall. The firewall looks nice and flat on the engine side but it is a mess on the interior with all sorts of stuff going on the way it was formed.

When using the F-body clutch slave you also have to put a stop in the pedal- if you push too far it will overextend the throwout arm and it will make contact with the pressure plate. I'm switching the to the newer LS throwout bearing that mounts on the transmission and don't know if there will be any issues yet.

When I did my wilwood brake master cylinder I paid the extra money for their linkage kit. Expensive but a lot easier and looks a lot better.

The truck is blown apart right now (again) for the install of a built 6.0, vintage air and a power steering setup. The past year it also got new wheels, a new front end (everything except steering), wilwood brakes, hotchkis suspension parts, drop spindles, etc.... I drove it four times before I tore it apart again for this next project.

Old engine out, new engine beside...

Early test-fit...

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote