View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 09:25 PM   #5
steveo3318

Re: 69 overdrive tranny price

I have rebuilt one of these trannys and its currently in my 67 running great. By the way they stopped making these is 68. The question is whats the trans out of? How many rings on the input shaft, how long is the rod on the solenoid 1" or 1.5" Our trucks only came with a 1.5 which CANNOT be found. they do repop the 1". So if the solenoid is bad you either have to rebuild the solenoid and rewind it like I did mine, or pay 600 bucks like I did for a NOS one still in the original GM box. I bought it before I attempted a rebuild. It is now a spare to my original that I know i will never get my money back from. I paid 300 for my trans out of a 67 with a cracked case "which I couldn't see". Also does the governor work correctly! All these items I would not give over 300 for a core. But after a complete overhaul like mine I wouldn't sell it for less than 1500. Its the coolest transmission on the planet to me. I can run 75 at 2100 rpms. Pm me if he doesn't want it. I would like a spare. Just keep in mind, It is a core that is obsolete and parts are not available for! If mine explodes tomorrow I am screwed and will convert to a 4 speed muncie on the tree with a gear vendors overdrive. I love a Three on the tree!
4/6 drop with riddler 20x8 and 20x10
1957 S5T Leslie Supertyfon train horns and EMD bell
"No bolt left unturned"
steveo3318 is offline   Reply With Quote