View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 01:14 AM   #36
mike16

Re: Transfer case torque mount

I use GOJO handcleaner to clean off dirt and grease. It protects the origonal painted finish, and harmlessly cleans up rare, impossible to find rubber bushings. I also use simple green and it too is very forgiving.

the caulking gun is filled with an RTV type caulking substance in a dark grey pigment, white and clear are also available. I accidentally bought some black roofing asphalt/cement . wrong stuff. read the label and avoid multi trips to "the place". after it dries for 24-48 hours trim exess ooze with a razor.

One more thing I keep harping on. tightening hardware will not ensure that it stays tightened. lock washers do that. It works witht the t case adapter rubber mounts, and the torque mount wher the brackets fasten to the fram c section and the torque mount through bolts.

dont over tighten. If your motor mounts are bad in any way or over 2 years old... replace them and the t case adapter mounts and if you can, salvage the rubber torque mount rubber bushings, or replace them with the prothane bushings, If ya gotta replace one component, replace them all. do them all at once. its the best 100 bucks you can spend

I hope I have helped
Attached Images

Last edited by mike16; 05-14-2017 at 01:32 AM.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote