View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #156
clinebarger

Re: 700R4 build thread.

You have some choices to make., Your trans does have a Converter Shift Valve bore.

Option 1......

I recommend you buy the Trans Go 700-LU lock-up valve kit, This will probably require dropping the Valve Body to remove the roll pin holding the Valve in (Unless the last builder had the forsight to install the roll pin from the bottom)
Then wire it like shown in post #126.

Option 2......

Your trans "Appears" to have a Factory Converter shift Valve train already, Notice the "5" on the end of the Bushing, This indicates a calibration, If it had Dummy plugs.....No stamped numbers would be present.
You could wire it like in post #126 & try it out, But I have no way to know how it will act, It may lock-up in 2nd gear under light throttle, Or it may lock-up after 4th & un-lock to easy with throttle input. Or the Converter Shift TV bushing could be worn out.....That will cause it to unlock-lock-unlock-lock.

Option 3.......

Use the 4th gear pressure switch to lock the converter on top of 4th gear, Wire it like shown in post #149. The 4th gear pressure switch is located next to the 2nd gear Accumulator.

**NOTE** The Converter Shift valve will still be "Active" after the TCC solenoid is closed.....i.e. If the Bushing is worn out it will do the quick lock-unlock scenario. That is why I recommend the TG 700-LU.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote