View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #810
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Getting soooooo close! Hope the gremlins stop interfering with the electrical side. How did the truck drive with that combo of gears and tires? My '77 had 32's and 3.07 gears when I bought it. 4.10 gears made it a different truck.
Still not sure on how it will drive with the 3.07 gears. The only road I've been on has a 35MPH speed limit. Seems to accelerate ok but would really like to get it to highway speeds. Hope to get inspected and plates on it soon so I can take it out. If it doesn't work out, I have some axles ready to go with brand new 4.10 gears, limited slip diffs and a NV4500 for that matter. Had them built for the Apache project, but who knows I may go a whole different direction on that one.

It does feel like it is sooooo close! Honestly though, as much as I want to finish and be driving it, another part of me doesn't want it to be done. It's been my go-to weekend activity for 6 years now. I know I have other projects lined up to keep me busy, and the '59 to build, but somehow it just doesn't feel the same. Am I just nuts???

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote