View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #21
MARTINSR

Re: making body filler look wet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfloyd View Post
Both of you are a wealth of information and I'm sure are as appreciated by everyone else on here as much as you are by me. I posted a question on here a while back about information on an electric emergency brake actuator and had a guy give me a bunch of crap for expecting someone else to do my thinking for me. That's not the case at all and really defines what this board is about. Buy a crappy brake actuator and you're out 5 to 6 hundred bucks. Same goes with body work and painting only multiply the loss by 4 or 5 times that depending on the finish you are trying to achieve. Bottom line is most if not all of us on here look to guys like you that are voluntarily forthcoming with information that will save us loads of time and money as well as allow us to do something ourselves that we would otherwise have to hire someone else to do. So many thanks to the 2 of you and the other guys that lead us paint dummies in the right direction.
I am blown away at what I have been able to do with the help of guys on forums like this. Stuff I never could have imagined. Changing the hard drive in my computer, how about repairing my TV replacing some resisters (as I remember that's what they were. LOL) it was a few years ago on Superbowl Sunday, I went to a store in town (now out of business) and bought these two resisters for like 80 cents each in the morning, replaced them in my TV and had it working to watch the game! I could have never done it without someone showing me how to on a forum. How about doing the convertible top on my 65 Buick Gran Sport, I wouldn't have dreamed I would be able to do it. But with the guidance of Dan on hotrodders.com I could have NEVER done it.

Nope, I love sharing what I can and seeing some guy in his garage do something he never thought he could, it's so damn cool! If it makes them feel like I did/do in my examples RIGHT ON!

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote