View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 11:06 PM   #29
4544speed

Re: Fatman, TCI, or Scotts IFS/Chassis on 49 AD

I did the Flat out kit a couple of years ago. I would suggest really doing your homework on this before going that route. The few things I did not like was the lack of directions. About 7 pages of hand written and photo copied info. Some of the measurements on it were incorrect. They send a bag of bolts and nuts that are not labeled like most other kits. I think if you had installed one before you would be familiar enough to work through it. The front kit is movable but unless you have you cab on, you will not know the correct location to center the wheels. (unless you mark the center before removing cab/bed) The instructions only place it in the original location.(and Flatout would not give me any specific measurements for moving it) Most people move the suspension to center the wheel. You can't move the rear without modifying the original kit thereby reducing the reason to buy the kit. Does not have provisions for sway bars. After removing the sway bar and original springs replacing with coil overs, I have to wonder if there is an advantage to the corvette suspension. I do like the like that you can buy parts but even now you can't buy a rubber bushing kit for the C4. has to be poly.) I don't think I would buy the rear kit again.
4544speed is offline   Reply With Quote