Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 02:40 PM   #751
hoppin5478

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
to add to that, all 2wd s10 trucks and blazers use the same front frame half and different rear frame halves that are longer or shorter (or a different shape in the case of the blazer) to make the different wheelbases. there is a factory weld joint where the rear section is slipped inside the front section, its roughly under where the door was, and you can grind the factory welds and slip it apart, cut off the extra, and slip it back together and weld it. a slip joint is a little easier to keep square and weld strongly than a butt joint.
This is an awesome site and especially thread! I'm just finishing another project and starting my 51 short bed. I've been doing my homework, taking inventory and trying to locate a S10 for a reasonable price. Unfortunately the single cab long beds don't seem to be nearly as common as they use to but being able to look out for the longer chassis will give me more options. That slip joint will make life a lot easier if I go that route. Thank you for the info.
hoppin5478 is offline   Reply With Quote