View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #7
abig84

Re: the blazer is back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
In '73 the car industry destroyed nice looking vehicles with huge 5 mph bumpers to help cut repair costs (Ya think the insurance lobby might hold a little power?). Somehow it got to today with "Where is the bumper?". I realize it's the hidden substructure. Very stylish, always liked the lack of bumpers on race cars and customs. But what I see looking at these new vehicles are body shop nightmares, or at least very expensive body work. So difficult to where it's total panel replacement and these parts are incredibly expensive. The cost of one headlight unit (that has no bumper protection since the bumper sits back) is astronomical. So what about the insurance industry's heavy handed power? I guess they came to realize they are so rich the high costs really don't effect them. You also see vehicles totalled for the kind of damage that used to be easily and economically repaired. The deficit is absorbed by the vehicle owner. I see so many direction changes in this world today as a shot in the foot, or headed down the wrong road, it isn't funny. I'm looking at that now. Only thing is, there are plenty coming along to accept such things without an ounce of forethought, so it carries on. Shame on those with common sense or good foresight. How old-fashioned, that is so yesterday. In the end, our choices are in what is offered and you look for something about one that stands out as better than the others or you stick with your brand. We get what the marketing geniuses feel is what we want.
I feel the same way and pretty much hate everything new. So you buy one of these then tap something with the bumper and have to replace it, probably a thousand bucks if your lucky. Someone hit my bed and pushed it in a foot, just popped it out and life goes on. I did the new truck thing before even a scratch is heartbreaking

I've been driving a 1990 Silverado for the past 9 years I paid $300 for and when it that's in half I'm going to buy another one. But if everyone thought and was as cheap as me the economy would fold and

There's just nothing cool or stands out with this thing but I'm sure people will buy it, people bought Pontiac azteks for some reason
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote