View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 04:35 AM   #64
MacQuigley

Re: The Super Duper Haggis Hauler

Cheers Rian. Thats it dropped in for it retest. The only thing it failed on was an imbalance on the rear brakes.Hopefully my efforts last weekend will have sorted that.

As for the truck it has been bodged but not in "the normal way" ie its not been bodged to pass an inspection. Its been bodged in regards to the "hotrod work" thats been done or rather attempted. So basically I do have a fairly clean canvas to start with.

I didnt have to buy new panels for everywhere. In time I could have fixed up what I have but I dont want to be doing this truck in 18 years time. I want it finished and on the road so we can enjoy it. So while its been quite an expense I think its worth it and I can justify it as my 50th to myself! (at least thats what I keep telling the wife!).

Got to say that so far every bolt has come out with no difficulties. Only the bed or rather what was left of it gave me any issues.

Anyway Ive not got much left to do elsewhere thats stopping me going at this fulltime. Hopefully there will be loads more progress reports.

I'll let you know how I get on with the moggie later!
MacQuigley is offline   Reply With Quote