View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 11:50 PM   #244
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

cokers from jegs, I went smaller on this truck with 205/65/15 fronts and 215/75/15 rears.

almost done inside, just need to make the carpet edge strips, I ran out of bed strips so I need something else. got the new boot mounted, and the light switch mounted.
IMG_9952 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

did the bed wood, some of the strips were rusted short, so I will fix that. maybe. I will seal the wood tomorrow.
IMG_9953 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

took about a 10 mile jaunt with some fresh gas, the speedo whacked back to reading correctly when I got to about 40mph. running better and better and better, it hauls ass with the 5 spd and the clutch slave is bled with fresh fluid, works great now. no issues, airflow is enough to keep the truck under the middle of the gauge at speed, and the cooling fan only kicked on when I was idling at the gas station.

IMG_9954 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

lights all work perfect
IMG_9955 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

mrs joedoh wanted a turn so I turned over the keys. she loves driving these trucks, and she is pretty picky. her only complaint was the loose grille bashing noisily but I will fix that first thing.

IMG_9959 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

tomorrow I clean the shop stem to stern and will whack out the lower valance and the carpet edges. maybe go for a long drive to see wayne!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote