View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #239
fisherman420

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
You will need a good air blower with a good rubber tip. Air pressure 40 to 60 psi.

Pressurize the Forward Clutch Feed. The Forwards will apply. The 3-4 Clutches SHOULD NOT move, Observe the Apply Cage & 3-4 pressure plate for movement though the holes in the Input Drum.
***'87-'93 4L60 Builders, Hold your finger over the hole directly under the Forward feed hole in the pic, On the side of the pump, This is the Forward Accumulator Feed***

Pressurize the 3-4 Clutch Feed, 3-4 Clutches will apply, The Overrun Clutches SHOULD NOT apply, Confirm this by Overrunning the Input Sun Gear counter clockwise by hand, Have another hold the drum stationary if needed.
(The Input Sun Gear is the gear in the middle of the Input drum in the previous pic)

Pressure the Reverse Feed, Listen for gross leakage.
All of my leak tests checked out except the reverse feed....there is a significant amount of leakage that seems to be coming from somewhere between the input drum shaft and reverse input drum from what I can tell. what could this mean? I'm hoping its just due to old, failed input shaft seals that were in my 89 700r4 core.....
fisherman420 is offline   Reply With Quote