View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 08:10 AM   #9
PGSigns

Re: Ordered the Holley Sniper

Got a good start on it this weekend. Last thing to do is the throttle cable conversion and a final going over of all the systems before powering it up. I have taken pictures and need to resize them and I will post them up. Ran into a couple of snags with the install. First was with the truck with a cracked exhaust pipe at the cross over so I cut it out and replaced the section. Used clamps to put it all together and will go back and weld it up later. Second was the parts in the kit for the O2 sensor. The clamps the supply look good but the stainless in the T-bolts is soft and both clamps went to crap before getting very tight at all. So I had to come up with a solution and modified a band clamp for exhaust and that worked good. The manual could be better as the split it into 2 parts and it really needs to be one. The rest is well made and looks to be well thought out. A new thing is the linkage now has direct hook up for the 700R4. The cable mount plates are big and stiff but a little to thick for the GM cables to lock into. I took a file and cut a 45 degree angle on the sides that the cable lock on to to allow them to grab. This is important for the 700 I am running to keep the TV cable adjustment and alignment stable. I am going to do timing control so I installed a locked out MSD distributor and the adjustable rotor. They have direct support for it. Will see how it plays out in the next couple of days. Marv I had to run it down some. When I got out of racing I sold off all the fuel jugs but one.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote