View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Progress on the project has slowed a bit in consideration of other more pressing matters. The wife has decided that it is time for me to finish my workshop. I started the workshop about 5 years ago, before she got hurt. I got the framework up and then things turned upside down for us financially, putting the shop on hold indefinitely. Things have now stabilized and she is ready for me to move my project out of the carport so I can convert it into a workout room. The framework thus far is visible in the pictures above where Michael and I are removing the Dodge cab from the frame. I still need to get some materials, but I have a neighbor who is helping me with the dirt work and foundation for the slab in exchange for some repair work on his XJ Cherokee. The main shop will be 30'x30' with covered parking on either side for the horse trailer and equipment. Trusses for the roof will go up this weekend, weather permitting.

And since we have had phenomenal rain this year, the east pasture has grown out better than ever. The 40+ year old wood fence is no longer serviceable for horse containment, so the pasture has not been grazed this year. A few weed patches come up and were nearly as tall as I am, so I took the morning to brushhog. I've been acquiring material to rebuild the fence with pipe and wire panels, which will most likely take place this coming year. I hope to have the W3100 project operational and in the bodywork phase by then, in the shop.

Oh, I nearly forgot...I scored a motor on CL this week! I found a running 125k mile 1999 5.9L V8 two hours away, $300 complete. I am picking it up Thursday morning.

-Joe
Posted via Mobile Device
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote