View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #29
Crazy Rusty

Re: 65 Burb body mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
how come that you used the shims on some and not others.in the 60-66 I believe that the 4 rear on each side are all the same height. for your frt cab mount did you use the 67-72 mount ?. can you give the thickness(height) of the rear insulators without shims= the top one only please
thks
ron
Four bolts came with shims - the big ones for the front of the cab and the two really long bolts. I wasnt quite sure where those went so I stuck them as the third back. Not sure if the shims need to be there or not. None of the mounts looked like they needed shims at all. I figured the middle would need the most support. If someone knows please correct me so I can put them where they need to be

For the front cab mounts I used the ones that came with the package but yes, they were pretty much the same as the 67-72 mounts (I had a set of those for a different project). I'll try and get out there tonight or tomorrow to get the thinkness of the insulators but I'm fairly certain they were the same as the old ones were supposed to be. Somewhat hard to tell as mine were so badly damaged.
Crazy Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote