View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #218
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

I started looking at the rest of the bed panel brace and realized that not only was the top in desperate need of repairs but also the bottom.

At first I thought I would just put a top and bottom patch on the panel brace and call it good. Then I noticed that there was also rot right where the drivers side of the tailgate bolts to the bed. It was at this point I decided to replace the whole panel.

I finished out the day working on the removal of the rear inner panel support. I found out that this is a very complex panel to work on. To finish this entire section of the body properly it looks like I will be on this project for 2-3 work days. Right now I am the most nervous I have been so far on this build, worrying about getting everything back together properly. I didn't take a picture of the mangled panel half removed although I wish I would have now. Either way the pictures of next weeks progress should be intersting.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 01-23-2011 at 01:21 PM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote