View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #12
93Polo

Re: Updating a LM7 for transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
best thing i can say is couple hunred in gaskets will its out go head and change the rear main seal, intake vavle cover gakets knock sensors and knonk sensor harness while the intake is off , my 4.8 the only leaks i have is the rear main and intake leaking i just stuck the thing in without changing anything
I have owned a few LS powered cars, heads and cam C5s, and my '01 2500HD which has 170k on it. I would do front / rear main seals and cover gaskets, and an oil pan gasket. It may cost less to buy a rear cover with gasket installed than replacing the gasket. I just had the oil pan, rear cover rear main, and the oil cooler adapter gaskets replaced on my 2500.

CamMotion has drop in cams for the 5.3s which have given solid results with very little down side. If you want to be more aggressive the LS world has plenty of options. I would also do a Straub or CHE trunion upgrade. We just did the Straub trunion upgrade on a friend's C5, great customer service, good product. If you do a cam I would do a timing chain, lifters, push rods, and an oil pump.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...hp-22rwtq.html

Last edited by 93Polo; 05-14-2017 at 04:03 PM.
93Polo is offline   Reply With Quote