Thread: The Brown Truck
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
SFTorange

Re: The Brown Truck

I've spent the last 10 years thinking about how I wanted to build this truck. I wish I could say that I haven't changed my mind more than a few times, but I've finally settled on the following plan:

My goal is to maintain a semi-original stock height look, but with many drivetrain modifications hidden underneath. Notice the recurring theme of ideas that I've gotten from this forum. This truck will be made to drive and work.

1)Repaint the truck in its' original color scheme: Paint code 555 Saddle/Off White
2)Complete Big Back Window Conversion (thanks to jonzcustomshop for the BBW panel and glass!)
3) 12 bolt rear from a 1968 C-10 with upgraded 11 5/32" x 2 ¾" brakes from a 1977 K-10 (thanks to Captainfab for the idea!)
4) 1 1/4" sway bar from a 1977 3/4 ton Suburban (thanks to TX Firefighter's FAQ sticky!)
5) Rebuilt 1987 700r4 with Lokar shifter.
6) Original gauge cluster to replace my idiot lights (thanks again Jon!)
7) I'll retain my mildly built 350.
8) Early Classic C20 to C10 conversion spindles with 6 lug disc brakes. (this is a very quality kit)
9) Converting to C-10 rear cab mounts thanks to Tony Smith's beautifully reproduced rear cab mount brackets)
10)New Classic Update wiring harness from American Autowire.
11) Steel wheels from a 73-87 K-10 with original-style chrome hubcaps.
12) 19 gallon aluminum underbed gas tank.
13) Bucket seats with integrated seatbelts from a 2006 GMC Sierra. These fit with almost no modifications except for drilling new holes.
14) Not to mention countless other upgrades along the way!
Attached Images

SFTorange is offline   Reply With Quote