View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #2
kglowacky

Re: LS swap transmission linkage questions

you may be better off moving this to the LS1 swap forum. But here's what I did. I bought a 78 in pieces and did not get the linkage at all. I decided to install a shifter cable all the way from the trans to the arm on the steering column. This was not s easy job and not sure how much detail you want so I will give you the basics. bought as cable off ebay. 2009 Chev Trailblazer. reversed the shifter arm on the trans. Then modified the angle on the trans bracket to fit the correct new angle. then had to drill a new connection hole in the new cable to make the cable and the bracket and the shifter lever match up. On the other side it took a lot of time to fabricate a bracket to bolt to the firewall stud below the column opening and supported it by a bracket off the frame that I made. had to be very careful to get the bracket in the correct position for the shifting to be in sync and deciding how to secure the cable on the bracket. I had to build a cover for my bracket to cover the poor looking welding and engineering. LOL I am sure there is a better way but that is how I did it,

Last edited by kglowacky; 07-10-2020 at 09:43 AM.
kglowacky is offline   Reply With Quote