View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
SCOTI

Re: Hydro assist brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd65 View Post
Thanks I think it'll stay
I wouldn't get rid of them if the system functioned correctly unless the asthetics really bothered you.

The reasons I did the swap on mine were all of the crimped hoses were leaking as well an eyesore IMO, the steering pump was leaking, & the accumulator did not work. I priced a LAPS rebuilt HB unit, steering pump, & new custom hoses for better asthetic routing. It was significantly more (4x more) than the <$100 for a rebuilt vacuum booster. I already had a rebuilt vac boost unit w/very limited use from one of my other trucks so the swap so far has been free (free is good when evaluating something).

I'll give the vacuum a try & see how it fares. If I feel the braking pressure is not adequate for my application, I'll spend the money to freshen the HB w/some custom lines to improve the under hood visual appeal.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote