View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 06:06 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: Dana 44 Original Steering Arm

Steering arm is correct terminology. '78 could still be a Dana 44. I could be wrong, but I believe all 10-bolt started in or about 1980. But this axle probably didn't start out in a GM(?). Could it be AMC? I always thought they had narrower axles, but they did run the same lug pattern...and who knows what all for various drivetrain components. They were all over the place with parts sourcing. I guess the front is where it was modified to work on a GM. Is the front of the drag link modified or the part in front of it (pitman arm) that is attached to the steering box (sector shaft). Looks like nothing different about how it bolts to the axle, so a simple swap back to correct parts (did you hear that Mr. P.O. Cobblemaster?)

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote