Thread: 48 panel truck
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
xpickup

48 panel truck

I finally going to have a thread on my panel. I have had it for around 13 years working on it off and on due to home, kids, and other projects. I always work on it over my Christmas vacation and a little here and there. It sits on a 81 malibu wagon chassis, Has a 1966 .030 over 396, turbo 350 tranny and a 9" ford rear. This weeks project is the drivers side which had been wrecked a long time ago. The bad thing is I am cutting out things that I already replaced. I do things a lot different and have a lot more tools than when I started. The quarter panel was up about 1/2" in the front edge and the back edge of the door was up 1/2" so when you looked at the side of it, it looked like a V. Also I finally welded in the new belt line piece. The upper side was all twisted so I worked the panel with my hammers and dollies and then used the shrinking disc to smooth everything out. The pictures do not do it justice. It will only need a little bit of filler. Then the back door gap was way off so I am in the process of fixing that. That will be done tomorrow along with the inner door edges. I made a new quarter panel and a new door skin. So here are some pictures.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote