View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 12:53 AM   #21
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkade View Post
I am going a little different route than you are, I am going to use a set of craftsman truck series arms on the rear of mine and mount the bags between the frame on the notch brace. I am wanting to have a 5" ride height from front to back with mine. What you are doing will yeild the same results though and it looks great in my opinion. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
What's the difference in the Nascar arms? I was under the assumption that they were the same stamped pieces. I contemplated the under-bed bag mounts, but I couldn't go any lower and keep the seat plus you lose lift ratio. You could alwys use a sleeve bag I guess to get some lift back. My ride height should be around 6" or so. Front will be ~5, but I kinda like a little rake...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Go man, go . . ...... .
I'm slow man, slow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
You know I am really sick of people taking vehicals that they own (and other people want) and doing what they want with them. What gives you the right to take a 4x4 blazer and screw it up by turning it into a 2wheel drive? Why could you not have found a rare 2wd and chopped it all to hell (like I am doing). Even worse yet is you are finding toime to work on yours while mine still sits in the yard colection dog urine. Your lucky you live so far away from me or I would give you a piece of my mind!!

Keep it up looking sweet!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
My sentiments exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblueoval View Post
Chris,
It's gonna be awesome. I'm so ready to start on mine I can't stand it.
I was in Phoenix last week and got to see a few trucks at Nathan's place.
Serious motivation!!
Now if I can get the guy to ship me ALL of my C4 front suspension parts I'll have all that together and I can start mocking everything up. I'll be watching your build er rebuild cause I know you'll do am awesome job.

Jim
Sweet! Take some pictures for us! I figure if I ever want to lay the rear on the ground, I'll find a way to do an IRS and keep it all under the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterbuilt View Post
I wouldn't "ruin it" any other way!
Couldn't have done it without your help. Thanks for the props. What would you charge me to fly in and apply your 'ROBOWELDS' to my notches?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I think the title should read:

How to perfect a ruined blazer.

Nice work!
Yes! That's what I was thinkin- I don't see this one ever goin' off-road again...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 11-02-2007 at 12:55 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote